Update: Held without bond.
Dr. William Mayfield, Jr. was charged with murder after he allegedly killed his wife at their home on 44 St. Andrews last night. JPD told JJ that Susan Mayfield was shot in the stomach. JPD classified it as an act of domestic violence. Dr. Mayfield is in custody and will make his initial appearance this morning in Jackson municipal court. He is a retired opthamologist. Sources informed JJ Dr. Mayfield suffers from Parkinson's Disease and is undergoing treatment.
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Update: Held without bond.
Jul 28, 2015
Jul 28, 2015
The Rez News
The Market Ticker
And The Valley Shook
Ms. Business Journal
Soldier of Fortune
Ace of Spades
Most popular posts last week.
- Former Material Girls manager arrested in Flowood for embezzlement.
- Pickering Palooza
- Stacey responds
- Clarion-Ledger questions auditor campaign spending. Is there an FBI investigation?
- Our favorite fool is back as is his foolishness.
- Northeast Jackson hoodlum back on the street.
- Former Ward 1 councilman Dent Anglin imports Desmond & crew into Northeast Jackson.
- When some real men cleaned up Ridgeland
- Hate it when that happens
- Should this guy be a cop or constable?
- ► 2015 (839)
- Former Senator Trent Lott endorses Ronny Lott
- Who is Chris McDaniel?
- Cochran ad seeks Democratic votes for a Republican...
- David Overby responds to Lott charges
- Lott campaign to Overby: Tell the truth!!!
- Enterprise-Journal reports on the Trooper who budd...
- Harper poll: 5 points
- Chris McDaniel's failed record.
- Senate race update. We report, you decide.
- Latest crime stats
- JJ obtains police reports for Mayfield, Sager, and...
- WJNT today
- Fisher resigning
- What are they afraid of?
- Three life sentences for Le Marquise De Charleston...
- Channeling Art Bell
- "Make your bed"
- Nick's is closed.
- Melvin Potts caught & was out on bond for armed ro...
- Ukraine to US: give us arms.
- Remembering our fallen on Memorial Day
- Tea Party attacks District Attorney Michael Guest ...
- Red alert on Red Alert?
- Kelly Police report: Did conspirators control Cons...
- Madison homicide update
- Rankin busts possible drugs/pawn operation
- Dolly Parton & Nissan providing free books to chil...
- And Michael Guest says whoooa....
- McDaniel campaign claims vindication from D.A.
- $100,000, $250,000, $500,000. Kelly, Mayfield, & ...
- Mayfield arrested
- Kelly faces another charge.
- Homicide in Madison (Updated)
- WYAB Monday (Updated)
- Irby Ford fund-raiser tomorrow night
- The Constitutional Clayton plot thickens
- Houston leaving
- We're #1!!!
- The state of the Senate race
- Mayor wouldn't send his kids to a failing school a...
- Breitbart: Campaign knew about video weeks ago
- Clinton crime drops
- Ridgeland Credit Union robbers get the time for do...
- Bye-bye Juanitez
- Juanitez McDonald is the million dollar man
- Citizens United poll shows McDaniel ahead
- We report, you decide: Voice mail edition.
- Danks keeps Kelly's bail at $100,000. Police want...
- Matt Friedeman contracts foot in mouth disease
- It does happen in threes. MPD gets 'em.
- McDaniel issues statement. Calls Cochran (Updated)...
- Madison Police arrest Clayton Kelly for sneaking i...
- Investment "Adviser" counsels himself to $230,000 ...
- How bad can it get?
- MCSD seeks to remove violent student from middle s...
- Lott demands more information about "illegal searc...
- Just a coincidence: Supertalk
- Rankin terminates autism program
- Purvis attacks Supes over raises
- Enterprise-Journal: Trooper accused of rape
- You can't make this up: Trooper edition
- Madison Farmer's Market opening
- Tomorrow on the Ben Allen show
- Precious Martin killed in accident (Updated)
- Happy Mother's Day
- Horns can't get hooked
- MDOC fights the free market
- Madison PD makes second arrest
- Fox Bay subject arrested on bad check charges
- Stupid crook of the day
- Meet the two faces of public corruption in Hinds C...
- Sweet jumps in
- Another oldie but goodie
- Alabama indicts Samarion execs
- Attempted abduction in Fox Bay? (Updated)
- Yesterday on WJNT
- WSJ: Detroit on the comeback trail
- Pepsi Pops postponed
- Tyrone Hendrix announces run to replace Yarber
- Drodrigue Williams: The Southern Poverty Law Cente...
- The Fall of the House of Bennie?
- Update: One robber caught
- Reported armed robbery in Madifon
- Pearl habitual offender getf life without parole
- Bigger Pie Forum: Waist deep in the Big Muddy
- Do as I say...... the Brother Kali edition
- Supes want to charge more money for inmates.
- Steadivest jinx continue
- Support law enforcement tonight!!!
- He was SUCH a good boy.....
- The real Farmer's Market still going strong
- Oldie but goodie
- It's all about the money
- Is Jackson still rising?
- Voter registration deadline is Saturday
- Can we try this here at home?
- 356 to 3 to 1.....
- I'm shocked, mind you, shocked!!!
- Doctor charged with murder
- WJNT yesterday
- ▼ May (102)
- ► 2013 (1080)
- ► 2012 (1089)
- ► 2011 (1054)
- ► 2010 (944)
- ► 2009 (976)
- ► 2008 (932)
- ► 2007 (398)
The Kingfish's Favorite Posts
- Kelly arrested for taking pics of Rose Cochran
- The Real Face of Mississippi Government
- PERS gets mo' money but funding level falls
- Majority black public school districts spend more, waste more, fail more
- Jackson's water bond failure: The REST of the story.
- Time to return fire on Banks
- Supervisor votes on projects next to land he owns
- Throwdown at the Levee Board
- Door shuts on another life
- Truth begins to come out in Irby case
- Judge orders interview of Irby
- Steadivest: Snakes or snake-bitten?
- Post-election thoughts
- Rest of the story about Crisler's shooting
- Jackson paying $4 million in fees
- Will Jackson end up like Birmingham
- Record-breaking fraud?
- FBI contacted MVT about Evans
- Heather Spencer police reports
- An open letter to John McCain
- Are your 401k's safe from Democrats?
- Democrats' Plans for Controlling the Media
- Who is Teresa Ghilarducci?
- Kingfish wins at Ethics Commission
- Tribe of Obama
- Berry V. Aetna (rankin County Cesspool)
- Incest in Dixie: Mississippi Legal Profession
- Jim Hood: Liar
- JFP Tax Problems? (See comments)
- The SafeCity Bill
- Isn't this called secession?
- A Black Governor in Mississippi?
- Time to grade Miles' exam
- Domestic Violence & Divorce in Mississippi
- Truthwatch, eh?
- What is Jackson Jambalaya?
- Election Night Thoughts
- Counter-Insurgency for Beginners
- Jazz for Beginngers
- Mayor Melton's Soljah
- A Leopard Can't Change His Spots, Can Jere Nash?
- Harborwalk Hoax?
- A Pox on All Your Houses
Local Media & Blogs
- Clarion Ledger (Jackson, MS Gannett Newspaper)
- Jackson NOW!
- The Rez News
- Y'all Politics
- Mississippi Wiki
- Mississippi Litigation Review
- Jackson Free Press (Jackson, MS Alternative Weekly)
- The Magnolia Report
- Majority in Mississippi
- The Perception of Life
- The Northside Sun
- Mississippi Magazine
- The Mississippi Link
- Other Cain Report
- Tom Head's Civil Liberties Website
- Blog on Mississippi Sovereignty Commission
- Harborwalk Thread (Jackson's Latest Boondoggle)
Wrestling returns, except this time it will be a Battle Royal with Othor Cain, Ben Allen, Kim Wade, Haley Fisackerly, Alan Lange, and “Big Cat” Donna Ladd all in the ring at the same time. The Battle Royal will be in a steel cage, no time limit, no referee, and the losers must leave town. Marshand Crisler will be the honorary referee (as it gives him a title without actually having to do anything).
Meet KIM Waaaaaade at the Entergy Tent. For five pesos, Kim will sell you a chance to win a deed to a crack house on Ridgeway Street stuffed in the Howard Industries pinata. Don't worry if the pinata is beaten to shreds, as Mr. Wade has Jose, Emmanuel, and Carlos, all illegal immigrants, available as replacements for the it. Upon leaving the Entergy tent, fig leaves will be available in case Entergy literally takes everything you have as part of its Trollfest ticket price adjustment charge.
Donna Ladd of The Jackson Free Press will give several classes on learning how to write. Smearing, writing without factchecking, and reporting only one side of a story will be covered. A donation to pay their taxes will be accepted and she will be signing copies of their former federal tax liens. Ms. Ladd will give a dramatic reading of her two award-winning essays (They received The Jackson Free Press "Best Of" awards.) "Why everything is always about me" and "Why I cover murders better than anyone else in Jackson".
In the spirit of helping those who are less fortunate, Trollfest '09 adopts a cause for which a portion of the proceeds and donations will be donated: Keeping Frank Melton in his home. The “Keep Frank Melton From Being Homeless” booth will sell chances for five dollars to pin the tail on the jackass. John Reeves has graciously volunteered to be the jackass for this honorable excursion into saving Frank's ass. What's an ass between two friends after all? If Mr. Reeves is unable to um, perform, Speaker Billy McCoy has also volunteered as when the word “jackass” was mentioned he immediately ran as fast as he could to sign up.
In order to help clean up the legal profession, Adam Kilgore of the Mississippi Bar will be giving away free, round-trip plane tickets to the North Pole where they keep their bar complaint forms (which are NOT available online). If you don't want to go to the North Pole, you can enjoy Brant Brantley's (of the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance) free guided tours of the quicksand field over by High Street where all complaints against judges disappear. If for some reason you are unable to control yourself, never fear; Judge Houston Patton will operate his jail where no lawyers are needed or allowed as you just sit there for minutes... hours.... months...years until he decides he is tired of you sitting in his jail. Do not think Judge Patton is a bad judge however as he plans to serve free Mad Dog 20/20 to all inmates.
Trollfest '09 is a pet-friendly event as well. Feel free to bring your dog with you and do not worry if your pet gets hungry, as employees of the Jackson Zoo will be on hand to provide some of their animals as food when it gets to be feeding time for your little loved one.
Relax at the Fox News Tent. Since there are only three blonde reporters in Jackson (being blonde is a requirement for working at Fox News), Megan and Kathryn from WAPT and Wendy from WLBT will be on loan to Fox. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both and a torn-up Obama yard sign will entitle you to free drinks served by Megan, Wendy, and Kathryn. Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required. Just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '09 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.
There will be a hugging booth where in exchange for your young son, Frank Melton will give you a loooong hug. Trollfest will have a dunking booth where Muhammed the terrorist will curse you to Allah as you try to hit a target that will drop him into a vat of pig grease. However, in the true spirit of Separate But Equal, Don Imus and someone from NE Jackson will also sit in the dunking booth for an equal amount of time. Tom Head will give a reading for two hours on why he can't figure out who the hell he is. Cliff Cargill will give lessons with his .80 caliber desert eagle, using Frank Melton photos as targets. Tackleberry will be on hand for an autograph session. KIM Waaaaaade will be passing out free titles and deeds to crackhouses formerly owned by The Wood Street Players.
If you get tired come relax at the Fox News Tent. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both will entitle you to free drinks.Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required, just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '07 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.