Came across this scene on Turner Classic Movies while channel-surfing yesterday. Awesome clip.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Friday, April 18, 2014
Click Here to Read More..
Compare the vocations of members of the Jackson Public School District Board of Trustees to those of other local school board members. The vocations and district ratings are posted below. There is a trend. I was not able to obtain the vocations for Hinds and Canton school board members. Of course, the trend has nothing to do with school performance. Nothing at all.
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Note: Posted this two years ago. I thought I would post this again since today is the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.
This week is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. I thought it would be interesting to pull up the local newspapers to see how they reported the disaster so I went to the Department of Archives yesterday and copied some of the coverage from the Jackson Daily News and Jackson Clarion-Ledger. The stories are posted below. I apologize for their configuration. I was copying from microfiche and the newspapers back then were printed using very small columns. Part of the print itself was blurry regardless of the adjustments made on the machine. The stories are posted below. The easiest way to read them is to download them so you can rotate and maximize the view as need be.
Here is an interesting little complaint filed in bankruptcy court in 2011 against Ridgeland-based Samarion, Inc, Samarion officers, and several directors. The bankruptcy trustee alleged Mark Rodgers and Samer N'Ser raised over $16 million from investors to finance the creation of a super duper new-fangled hi-tech patient monitoring system for healthcare facilities. However, the company ended up filing bankruptcy. Here are some nice little excerpts from the complaint.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Meet the real face of Mississippi government: Frontier Strategies. Frontier is rapidly becoming the gatekeeper for all things political in Mississippi, as it lands state contracts and lobbies for clients while serving as Governor Phil Bryant's campaign manager. The chart below shows the breadth of the Frontier wingspan. The company was formed by politicos Josh Gregory and Quenton Dickerson in 2003.
It's no secret Jackson's bid to obtain C-Spire's new high-speed internet services was rejected by the company. The decision means Jacksonians must obtain internet service from either AT&T or Comcast. The speed of AT&T leaves something to be desired and well, let's face it, not everyone is enthralled with Comcast. A situation faced by more than a few cities. Lafayette, Louisiana took care of the problem itself. Lafayette built its own fiber-optic network. Will it be a waste of money or a good return on investment? Time will tell. USA Today reported two years ago:
Monday, April 14, 2014
John McGowan and Dallas Quinn will appear on Ben Allen's radio show tomorrow on WJNT, 1180 AM to discuss the flooding and the One Lake project. Very timely appearance. Call-in number is 601-366-1180. The show is also available on the Tunein Radio app. Show runs from 8:05 to 9:00 AM.Click Here to Read More..
The Jackson Advocate published this letter endorsing Chokwe Lumumba, Jr. for Mayor. Since the newspaper has a limited circulation and does not have a diverse readership, JJ is posting the letter in an effort to help the Jackson Advocate reach more readers.
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
Thursday, April 10, 2014
JJ learned that attorney J.B. Goodsell was found dead today at his home by Rankin County authorities. Sheriff Bryan Bailey said his office responded to a welfare check request by family members. An autopsy is ordered but no foul play is suspected.Click Here to Read More..
A Bolivar County grand jury indicted Morgan Shands and his sister for embezzling over $613,834 for "his own use" from the Mississippi Delta American Legion Post #1776. Mr. Shands and Rachel Sands Buser were charged with two counts of embezzlement. Mr. Shands is the former campaign manager for then-Lieutenant Governor candidate Billy Hewes.
Hancock Law Firm
ATTN: Jackson Jambalaya
855 S. Pear Orchard Rd., Building 100
Ridgeland, MS 39157
Apr 11, 2014
Apr 11, 2014
The Rez News
The Market Ticker
And The Valley Shook
Ms. Business Journal
Soldier of Fortune
Ace of Spades
Most popular posts last week.
- Dem Bones
- Questions for the Prime Minister
- Barack Chamberlain?
- Next weekend: George Clinton
- This week on Ben Allen Show
- Just a coincidence.
- Samarion execs indicted in two states
- Remembering the Titanic
- Company was not a good Samarion
- Need a good burger? Head East.
- WJNT yesterday
- Paying to play at the Rez
- 60 months!
- The Nosef-Tea Party food fight goes national
- The Real Face of Mississippi Government
- How one town broadened its broadband.
- Nosef fires back
- Fatality on Hoy Road
- Ben Allen show tomorrow: all things Pearl River
- Senate race FOOD FIGHT!!!
- Jackson mayoral race edition of We Report, You Dec...
- Blast from the past
- Baker slams MDOT
- Argument for argument's sake
- Tonight: Zoo Brew!!!
- Chokwe Lumumba's last interview
- When the levee breaks.....
- Local attorney found dead.
- Morgan Shands & his sister Rachel Shands Buser ind...
- CL gets a new look.
- 15 yrs for Lester the Molester
- Faulkner in Hollywood
- WJNT this morning
- Precinct results
- At least they didn't run for Mayor.
- Election night thread. It's YARBER & LUMUMBA
- Stamps handicaps the race.
- Harvey shucks the corn
- 35.5 feet
- Rising to the top?
- Barbarians at the gates
- Tony Yarber for Mayor
- 48 hour reports are in.
- Handicapping the Mayor's race
- Regina Quinn: No New Taxes
- Zarathustra speaks
- Regina Quinn: Jackson working together
- Well, well, well
- The gloves are coming off (Video)
- NWS requests EAS activation
- And.... Bennie comes out for Junior
- Flood warning in effect for Hinds & Rankin
- Time to part-ay with Harvey
- AP: Good luck trying to buy health insurance
- Symphony tonight
- Texting bill dies in House
- The Return of the Hemp
- Meet John Horhn today
- No comment.
- Frazier update: Postponed
- Judge Tomie Green suspends criminal proceedings in...
- John Horhn: Helping Jackson
- Showing you the money
- Free the Land, Free the People, Free the Copyright...
- Scumbags gonna scumbag
- Sanderson Farms Champeenship moving to CCJ
- Meet Tony Yarber tomorrow for coffee
- WJNT today
- JFP endorses Chokwe Lumumba, Jr.
- CNBC FOOD FIGHT!!!
- Just one question
- Haley on geography, Melanie on Thad, Roll Call: Th...
- Canton alderman candidate convicted of voter fraud...
- Republicans for Chowke?
- ▼ April (75)
- ► 2013 (1080)
- ► 2012 (1089)
- ► 2011 (1057)
- ► 2010 (949)
- ► 2009 (976)
- ► 2008 (932)
- ► 2007 (398)
The Kingfish's Favorite Posts
- Majority black public school districts spend more, waste more, fail more
- Jackson's water bond failure: The REST of the story.
- Time to return fire on Banks
- Supervisor votes on projects next to land he owns
- Throwdown at the Levee Board
- Door shuts on another life
- Truth begins to come out in Irby case
- Judge orders interview of Irby
- Steadivest: Snakes or snake-bitten?
- Post-election thoughts
- Rest of the story about Crisler's shooting
- Jackson paying $4 million in fees
- Will Jackson end up like Birmingham
- Record-breaking fraud?
- FBI contacted MVT about Evans
- Heather Spencer police reports
- An open letter to John McCain
- Are your 401k's safe from Democrats?
- Democrats' Plans for Controlling the Media
- Who is Teresa Ghilarducci?
- Kingfish wins at Ethics Commission
- Tribe of Obama
- Berry V. Aetna (rankin County Cesspool)
- Incest in Dixie: Mississippi Legal Profession
- Jim Hood: Liar
- JFP Tax Problems? (See comments)
- The SafeCity Bill
- Isn't this called secession?
- A Black Governor in Mississippi?
- Time to grade Miles' exam
- Domestic Violence & Divorce in Mississippi
- Truthwatch, eh?
- What is Jackson Jambalaya?
- Election Night Thoughts
- Counter-Insurgency for Beginners
- Jazz for Beginngers
- Mayor Melton's Soljah
- A Leopard Can't Change His Spots, Can Jere Nash?
- Harborwalk Hoax?
- A Pox on All Your Houses
Local Media & Blogs
- Clarion Ledger (Jackson, MS Gannett Newspaper)
- Jackson NOW!
- The Rez News
- Y'all Politics
- Mississippi Wiki
- Mississippi Litigation Review
- Jackson Free Press (Jackson, MS Alternative Weekly)
- The Magnolia Report
- Majority in Mississippi
- The Perception of Life
- The Northside Sun
- Mississippi Magazine
- The Mississippi Link
- Other Cain Report
- Tom Head's Civil Liberties Website
- Blog on Mississippi Sovereignty Commission
- Harborwalk Thread (Jackson's Latest Boondoggle)
Wrestling returns, except this time it will be a Battle Royal with Othor Cain, Ben Allen, Kim Wade, Haley Fisackerly, Alan Lange, and “Big Cat” Donna Ladd all in the ring at the same time. The Battle Royal will be in a steel cage, no time limit, no referee, and the losers must leave town. Marshand Crisler will be the honorary referee (as it gives him a title without actually having to do anything).
Meet KIM Waaaaaade at the Entergy Tent. For five pesos, Kim will sell you a chance to win a deed to a crack house on Ridgeway Street stuffed in the Howard Industries pinata. Don't worry if the pinata is beaten to shreds, as Mr. Wade has Jose, Emmanuel, and Carlos, all illegal immigrants, available as replacements for the it. Upon leaving the Entergy tent, fig leaves will be available in case Entergy literally takes everything you have as part of its Trollfest ticket price adjustment charge.
Donna Ladd of The Jackson Free Press will give several classes on learning how to write. Smearing, writing without factchecking, and reporting only one side of a story will be covered. A donation to pay their taxes will be accepted and she will be signing copies of their former federal tax liens. Ms. Ladd will give a dramatic reading of her two award-winning essays (They received The Jackson Free Press "Best Of" awards.) "Why everything is always about me" and "Why I cover murders better than anyone else in Jackson".
In the spirit of helping those who are less fortunate, Trollfest '09 adopts a cause for which a portion of the proceeds and donations will be donated: Keeping Frank Melton in his home. The “Keep Frank Melton From Being Homeless” booth will sell chances for five dollars to pin the tail on the jackass. John Reeves has graciously volunteered to be the jackass for this honorable excursion into saving Frank's ass. What's an ass between two friends after all? If Mr. Reeves is unable to um, perform, Speaker Billy McCoy has also volunteered as when the word “jackass” was mentioned he immediately ran as fast as he could to sign up.
In order to help clean up the legal profession, Adam Kilgore of the Mississippi Bar will be giving away free, round-trip plane tickets to the North Pole where they keep their bar complaint forms (which are NOT available online). If you don't want to go to the North Pole, you can enjoy Brant Brantley's (of the Mississippi Commission on Judicial Performance) free guided tours of the quicksand field over by High Street where all complaints against judges disappear. If for some reason you are unable to control yourself, never fear; Judge Houston Patton will operate his jail where no lawyers are needed or allowed as you just sit there for minutes... hours.... months...years until he decides he is tired of you sitting in his jail. Do not think Judge Patton is a bad judge however as he plans to serve free Mad Dog 20/20 to all inmates.
Trollfest '09 is a pet-friendly event as well. Feel free to bring your dog with you and do not worry if your pet gets hungry, as employees of the Jackson Zoo will be on hand to provide some of their animals as food when it gets to be feeding time for your little loved one.
Relax at the Fox News Tent. Since there are only three blonde reporters in Jackson (being blonde is a requirement for working at Fox News), Megan and Kathryn from WAPT and Wendy from WLBT will be on loan to Fox. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both and a torn-up Obama yard sign will entitle you to free drinks served by Megan, Wendy, and Kathryn. Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required. Just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '09 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.
There will be a hugging booth where in exchange for your young son, Frank Melton will give you a loooong hug. Trollfest will have a dunking booth where Muhammed the terrorist will curse you to Allah as you try to hit a target that will drop him into a vat of pig grease. However, in the true spirit of Separate But Equal, Don Imus and someone from NE Jackson will also sit in the dunking booth for an equal amount of time. Tom Head will give a reading for two hours on why he can't figure out who the hell he is. Cliff Cargill will give lessons with his .80 caliber desert eagle, using Frank Melton photos as targets. Tackleberry will be on hand for an autograph session. KIM Waaaaaade will be passing out free titles and deeds to crackhouses formerly owned by The Wood Street Players.
If you get tired come relax at the Fox News Tent. To gain admittance to the VIP section, bring either your Republican Party ID card or a Rebel Flag. Bringing both will entitle you to free drinks.Get your tickets now. Since this is an event for trolls, no ID is required, just bring the hate. Bring the family, Trollfest '07 is for EVERYONE!!!
This is definitely a Beaver production.
Note: Security provided by INS.